International moves can seem especially complicated. You can trust that we have ways to take care of the difficulties, seeing as how we’ve gotten people to cities spanning the globe from the time of our founding. Whether you’re moving from Austin to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the United States to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We take full responsibility for your international move during …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can depend on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, particularly, you’ll want to know right away what you can expect to pay for such a move. Ring us up. Talk with us. Tell us where you’ve got to go, when you’d like or have to go, and what kind of a move you’d need us to manage for you. Calling on our vast experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This could actually end up being the final price – but it may not be, either. Additional consultation with you will help decide that. But at least you’ll have a fair approximation of what to expect, price-wise, before signing on with us.
The Home Survey
To achieve a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we have to inventory the items you’ll be moving. We give you two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to consult with you on the many details of your move, perform a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your possessions.
- By means of your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and handle your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need transported.
The Written Estimate
After first meeting with you and assessing your Home Survey results, we can present a more detailed, written estimate of the financial outlay required for your international move. It encompasses everything associated with your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve opted.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which establishes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve picked, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other considerations. Signing it attests that you approve of our terms and pricing and lets us book your relocation.
The Move Plan
To deliver an international move that’s smooth, safe, and headache-free, we provide you with a Move Concierge – your very own, dedicated representative and counselor. He or she will help you plan every aspect of your move. In your introductory consultation, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved stateside and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- affirm which of our services you’ll be opting,
- offer precursory counsel in what you can anticipate happening in your move, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From this point forward, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can rely on him or her being extremely knowledgeable about the complexities of international moving and instructing you appropriately – specifically on customs laws from one country to another. In addition to giving you useful information on your specific destination country, he or she also can help you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other necessary international paperwork.
Then, as the move commences, your Move Concierge will keep you updated on how everything’s progressing.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date comes up, we’ll email or call you to make sure you’re still “good to go” with it, as set forth in the plan. We’ll affirm dates, times, locations, and every other detail relating to your move to another land, another culture.
Our packing options are made available to more properly suit your needs and budget.
- Opt to handle all the packing by yourself; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Choose to turn the packing over to our crew. Or
- Choose to start out packing yourself and allow us help you by packing specialty items.
Whatever way you prefer to have your packing discharged, you can be confident we’re extremely knowledgeable about foreign customs laws and will see that your shipments follow them explicitly. That includes seeing to it that packed belongings are loaded into the appropriate overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew pull up at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and do a walk-through, acclimating themselves to your floor plan and the things you’re freighting.
Next, they’ll take steps to safeguard your home as they move things out. They’ll pad stair rails, cramped corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll put down carpet covers to keep floors from getting soiled and carpets from snagging, especially in high-traffic areas .
In loading your belongings onto the truck, our crew will insure that moving boxes are labeled and inventoried by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else must be disassembled will be taken apart by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew does quality checks and keeps in communication with your Move Concierge throughout the loading process.
Once we get your shipment safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews are exceptionally careful in unloading it. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- the use of protection pads and carpet covers to ensure that your new home remains undefiled while the move-in is underway,
- systematic unloading – getting your possessions into the rooms you direct us to put them in,
- putting back together whatever was broken down for the move,
- unpacking – all you have to do is say the word; we’ll get it done, and
- debris removal – where, if you so specify, we’ll remove all the empty moving boxes and materials when the unpacking is completed.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Once wecompleted your international move, your Move Concierge will contact you to ...
- review it with you,
- examine how skillfully we performed the services you selected
- address any lingering concerns, and
- THANK YOU for engaging us at A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote