We get it. You’re not moving very far. You still want to insure that your local residential move’s a carefree move – no glitches, no gaffes, no gripes. A-1 Freeman Moving Group can help you out. We’ve helped thousands of Austin people move across the street or across town over the years. What our clients really like is our smooth handling of …
The Moving Process
These are the steps:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
When you first get hold of us to talk about your move, we’ll give you a FREE ballpark estimate of what you can expect to pay – taking into account our elementary awareness of the services you’ll require. This number may increase or decrease, depending on more-thorough review and what move options you pick.
The Home Survey
We give you two options for helping us come to a final, more exact estimate – either of which is intended to address your schedule in a way that’s most convenient for you:
- a live, in-home conference with one of our skilled estimators – featuring a full-house inventory of the items you’ll need moved, or
- a video inventory that puts leading-edge technology to work on your behalf, connecting you to our estimator by way of your smart phone as you guide us through your home and show us what needs moving.
The Written Estimate
Given our consultations with you and the results of your Home Survey, we’ll offer a written estimate of the price you can expect to pay. This written estimate establishes that cost with far better specificity than our beginning ballpark estimate. It takes into account every aspect of your shipment, including all moving services you’ve chosen.
The Customer Agreement
When you’ve chosen the options most appropriate for you and accepted our terms and pricing, you’ll sign an agreement with us. You can regard this as your move contract setting forth locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve picked, and other details such as cost, safety, and insurance. With this matter taken care of, we schedule your move.
The Move Plan
This is when your very own A-1 Freeman Moving Group Move Concierge contacts you to …
- vet your move dates and the addresses involved
- confirm which of our services you want
- guide you in what to expect from your move, and
- answer your questions.
Your Move Concierge is your one point of contact from here on out. He or she will see to it that you’re knowledgeable about all that’s happening with your local residential move – to insure as smooth, seamless, and satisfying a move as humanly possible.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date approaches, we’ll email you or call you to ensure that everything previously set up is still okay. We’ll make a final confirmation of dates, times, locations, and other elements of the move to keep it on track.
As is typical of us, we extend you options to address your needs and budget. You can pack everything on your own (and we can deliver the packing materials, if you like) … you can let our full-service movers help you pack … or you can go with a customized plan where you get the packing started and we help with specialty items.
When the truck and crew come to your house, they’ll introduce themselves and do a walk-through of your home to get familiar with the layout and what needs to be shipped. Then they’ll ready the home to shield it, padding stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs, and laying carpet covers to keep high-traffic areas dirt- and damage-free. Next, they’ll follow a systematic loading procedure, where moving boxes are labeled and inventoried according to rooms and your needs on arrival at your new home. Things that must be disassembled – virtually anything from entertainment centers to beds to swing sets – are skillfully disassembled now. All through the loading process, quality checks are executed and communication with your Move Concierge is maintained.
After we get your belongings safely to your new home – expeditiously and without damage, we take great care in unloading it. Our delivery services include …
- deploying protective pads and carpet covers to keep your your new home in excellent condition during the move-in process,
- systematic unloading – where we unload your household goods and personal items into the rooms you want them in, per your direction,
- reassembly of components broken down intentionally for the move – beds, and so forth,
- unpacking – just give us the go-ahead; we’ll do it, and
- debris removal – where, if you want, our people will dispose of all the empty moving boxes and other such debris after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
This is the step at which your dedicated A-1 Freeman Moving Group Move Concierge phones you to learn how you think the move went … gauge the quality of the services we delivered … discuss any concerns that may still need attention … and, especially, THANK YOU for hiring A-1 Freeman Moving Group! Your complete satisfaction is key to our constant improvement.
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote