By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Will you be about to move in the near future? If that's the case, you may be overwhelmed, thinking about all the items you will need to pack. But not all you want to transport to your new house can or will be moved by your professional movers in Austin
. In other words, there are a few belongings that you should move on your own. Here are four of the primary types of things your moving company in Austin
won't be able to move, coupled with some considerations and warnings and how we are able to help you.
1. DANGEROUS ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, movers maintain a list of hazardous things that they cannot move. Chemicals interacting with other substances, for instance setting paint thinner and weed killer together on a moving truck may result in a disastrous consequence.
A few of the unsafe items that should not be moved comprise those, including lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, residential cleaners, pesticide sprays, fertilizers, weed killers, spray cans, swimming pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. Be sure to check with your moving company in Austin for a complete list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving truck is plants. In reality, there are several states with regulations, relating to specific indoor plants which can or cannot cross a state line. While insects and mites aren't a problem in a number of states, they may be thought to be incredibly unsafe in other states.
Furthermore, the majority of moving companies don't want to move plants given that insects that dwell in the dirt can potentially spill into the moving van. Even if the moving company agrees to move your plants, they may not live, particularly when you will be moving a long distance since plants require sunlight and water. In case you don't have space in your car for the plants, why not give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. VITAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company tells you they will carry your special valuables on their moving truck, it's still recommended that you keep your important documents and photographs together with you. The reason being these are generally things that cannot be simply replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Austin usually pack most canned food for you, however you ought to still consider if this is a good idea. Obviously, perishable foods cannot be carried on a moving van. It will be a smart idea to get rid of your perishables as well as foods in glass jars rather than transporting them with you.
You'll want to make room in your vehicle for more valuable things, and you shouldn't worry about calamities from spills, cracks or mold ahead of arriving at your new house. However boxed and/or canned goods, like herbs and dried fruits may be moved. For any questions regarding which food items that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your pets together with you and discuss any special needs your furry friend could have with your vet.
· As for alcoholic beverages, consider that state laws regarding alcohol may differ, so it is wise to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of grocery delivery after getting to your new house. You can order via the internet for food items, paper products, cleaning materials as well as other basics.
· You can place your lawn mower on the moving truck, provided you have drained the gasoline and oil tanks.
· Consider that it is likewise hazardous for you to move hazardous products in your car. It's best to simply repurchase them once you reach your new house. To put it differently, do not take the potential risk of moving them.
To make moving as smooth as possible, contact us to schedule an appointment and learn more about the wide variety of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote