By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Congratulations, you are the intelligent person who lined up your moving company in Austin
in advance, walked through your home with a moving company sales rep to figure out how many moving vans and staff you require, and neatly packed and tagged your boxes.
Next, did you read the small print on the contract? In case you failed to read the whole thing, and many people don't get past the date ranges and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, find it, have a seat, and look at it at this moment. Pour an extra mug of coffee if you want to, but once you reach the part concerning what the movers in Austin won't be able to place on the moving truck, likelihood is really good that contract will have your undivided focus.
What You Can't Transport
Which of these is Prohibited on a moving truck? Are any of these against the law for the team to load and carry, or is it simply company policy? The answer is a very clear-cut, it depends.
· Yucca Plant
The one thing listed above that CAN go on the truck is the lawn mower--if the oil and gas tanks are already drained. Indoor plants normally are unable to cross state lines--that's a legal issue--and moving companies in Austin do not want any pests living in leaves or the soil jumping ship into the truck itself.
Fireworks are forbidden.
Moving companies will not be in charge of valuable items on the moving van. Your homeowner’s insurance policy could take care of any material losses, but probably won't replace misplaced cash. Take it to the bank and recover it once you're settled or carry it together with you.
What is considered Unlawful to Transport
So, the list of what it's not possible to pack and load is not such a bore, in any case. These are some other items that movers won't load, and the main reasons why not.
· Anything that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and may hypothetically place the lives of the crew and the equipment on the line, is unlawful. So, a garden tractor with an unfilled gas/oil tank is fine, but an aerosol can of disinfectant is not.
· House plants--certain states have regulations about what indoor plants may traverse the state line. Insects and also pests that are not a problem in certain states are enormous threats in others, so leave your houseplants for the neighbors or give them to your pals. In case you are bringing the pots, thoroughly clean them with bleach prior to when you load them.
· Alcohol--regulations fluctuate among states. Stay safe and have an empty the bar get together before you move.
What Nearly all Company Rules Restrict
Just about every professional mover in Austin has its own directory of prohibited objects, however these tend to be the normal stuff you can expect to leave behind or take yourself.
Chemical substances are based on their ability to interact with other matter and change the structure and substance of the matter. Simply put, this means that if you set anti-freeze and paint thinner on the truck jointly and they accidentally connect under stress or heat, extremely bad things can happen. And if you believe a few bottles of nail polish and remover and a chemistry set is not going to pack enough of a wallop to matter, you'd be mistaken. Consequently DO NOT pack the subsequent.
· Household Cleaning products
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, along with Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Food products
Don’t forget that grocery delivery is an excellent thing--purchase online and have your cleaning supplies, paper products, and foodstuffs sent soon after you have gotten to your new residence.
In case you have any questions concerning some things, ask your moving company in Austin before moving day, particularly if you intend to make other plans for transport or charitable contributions.
Request a free quote