Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY PREPARE: Nope, you do not need to do sit-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to employ professional movers in Austin. Hiring a moving company allows you to have additional support from professionals, who specialize in organizing, lifting, and also time management. Professional movers in Austin will carefully pack your residence, disassemble household furniture, and securely wrap your super breakable possessions. Having local professional movers in Austin on hand on your moving day is a good way to avoid injuries. They can manage all the heavier things, leaving the smaller belongings as well as simple clean-up to you.
- USE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT: Using the right moving equipment is usually one of the best methods to avoid injuries while moving. When talking to the moving company in Austin, make sure that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move safer, such as an appliance dolly. Not only can this assist the moving team, but the equipment can additionally save you time, as stuff can be moved at a faster pace.
- DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each space of your cartons could sound like a good idea, however making them too heavy makes them more difficult to lift, and also puts a strain on the legs, arms, and also back. An injury will be difficult to avoid if you lift more weight than you should manage. It also makes the task more difficult for everyone who is helping you to finish the move. Pack boxes correctly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Austin can work quickly as well as efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a normal lifting technique and is a fantastic way to sidestep injury to your neck and also spine. Sustain a wide base of support, by putting your feet shoulder-width apart as well as flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are mostly making use of your legs as you move upward. Finally, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe while you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this might sound like something basic, many people get injured when tripping over smaller items on moving day. Sidestep a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth resulting from an unexpected fall by making all paths free from clutter. When moving awkward objects, it is difficult to see what is in your path. Steer clear of any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk when moving your things. When putting safety first, you will minimize your chances that you’ll get injured.
Working with a local or long-distance moving company in Austin with professional movers is a great way to save time and avoid injuries while moving. Call us today for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote