Moving & Stress: Do They Have to Go Hand in Hand?
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
As a professional moving company in Austin, we have witnessed all types of moves, both smooth as well as chaotic, and we have a few suggestions that can help you avoid the stress of moving.
· Acknowledge that the stress is present. Denying that you are stressed will make you additionally stressed. Stress will be usual as well as natural, and sifting your way through it does require acknowledging it exists.
· Attempt to give yourself adequate time to accomplish what needs to be done. It can take most people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. If you possess a large quantity of things, then it could likely take even longer. In the event you need moving boxes, be sure to order or buy them early and also have a plan for if you don’t have enough. Check with your local moving company in Austin, as they may have used cartons available. You will want to also plan a day or two to clean the home you are departing.
· Have a plan. Figure out how you want to prepare everything for the ideal result. Some people need a bunch of to-do lists, some people might attempt to locate a moving app for their cell. Set deadlines for every stage of the move and make them early enough that blowing the deadline will not equate to a catastrophe. And, give some thought to what should be packed into each carton. Label your boxes plainly and also consistently, in order to explain your labeling system to the professional movers in Austin. Label everything that is fragile. Plan what area belongings are going into in the new residence and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Austin will willingly set everything labeled "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for help or hire a moving company to assist. You don't have to handle the entire move yourself. Ask your friends and extended family members for help. Hire professional movers in Austin for the heavy lifting, though, instead of banking on anyone's goodwill. When you happen to be super busy and can afford it, think about hiring the moving company in Austin to complete some or all the packing, too.
· Be open to get rid of things. Moving is a wonderful excuse to get rid of items which have been existing in your home a long time out of sheer apathy. In the event you have a worn-out piece of furniture, now may be the time to kick it to the curb and buy a replacement after you move. Electronics that don't work? Books you have not read in a decade? Something you completely forgot you even had? Sell the things you can and donate the rest.
· Be sure to allow for downtime. Moving will consume your entire life. Lots of folks realize they do not have time to get a decent amount of sleep during the move. Or they do not do anything accept work, move, and worry about the move. Give some flexibility in your schedule so you might have a moment to go out for dinner, take the kids to a movie, etc.
· When you are moving to a new area or even a new city, be a tourist in the new town for a bit. Spend some time looking for restaurants you want to try and attractions you want to check out. Make a list of those diners and select one that is at the top of the list, then plan to eat there the day after you move when you don't have your dishes unpacked yet.
Moving is usually stressful, but these tips could help decrease the stress and turn it into an adventure. Don’t forget that professional movers in Austin will assist with as much or as little of the move as required, and your local mover in Austin can be a super resource for all things moving related from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Additionally, remember this is a temporary circumstance and everything will return to normal in the near future.
Request a free quote