By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
often offer a selection of associated services which are meant to help customers with a seamless move. A few offer local storage, several will help you move certain things, and the majority can help with a professional packing service to pack-up houses for their moving clients. As a professional moving company in Austin
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers many services, and have helped countless people enjoy a worry-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
Additionally, we field lots of questions about professional packing and precisely it involves. You may be wondering "Do I require assistance with packing?" and if so, what service do you need, and how might you arrange it? We are available to answer all the essential questions regarding a professional packing service for your upcoming move to Austin.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home takes a great deal of effort. Most people require at a minimum a couple months of evenings and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and ready for the moving company in Austin. Of course, not everybody can complete their own packing - or finish all their packing when needed. In the event packing boxes is not something you can do, or if your hectic schedule has zero availability for packing, it's a good idea to reserve your packing service early.
People Who Often Times Require a Packing Service
If you think you would require a packing service, don't fret, you're not the only one. Lots of various kinds of people (and moves) need professional packing in order to be sure everything comes together on time, and our teams are honored to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Below are several very common examples of people who frequently require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Youngsters
- Professionals Relocating on a Tight Schedule
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Do Not Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a house typically takes between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your house and how many things you own. As a rule of thumb, you could estimate that it might consume around two hours per room in your house or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered areas. Do not forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get a fair estimate on packing your home is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your house can help the moving company in Austin to quickly estimate how many hours and people it should take to pack your house within one or two days.
Complete vs Select Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in Austin pack up your whole residence including your kitchen, clothes, toiletries, office – everything. However, you can also ask for a partial packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Austin just to take care of bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to make sure it's done right. Some customers ask their movers only to pack kitchen items and breakable items, because movers understand how it should be done and can bring all the right materials.
Select packing services will make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your home packed and moved by dividing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Austin.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
When you hire a professional packing service, what can you expect? Professional packing normally requires between one and two days of work, often scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers will commence to gently box all your items based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and every box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, dishes, electronics) so that rooms should be not too difficult to assemble when you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should be available to give oversight and consultations. Packers could ask you regarding broken things, categories, or what labels to utilize. They could have specific questions regarding how you would like them to pack certain items or rooms.
- If you can’t be personally available, keep your phone with you to answer questions remotely, and you will want a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Clear Labeling
- One of the best advantages of professional packing is that every box should be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your team gets how to pack a carton so that it will stack securely in the moving truck and unpack smoothly on arrival. They will also typically label your cartons so you should be able to uncover certain things and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons for the arrival of the moving van. You might ask the professional movers in Austin to leave boxes in the rooms for which they were packed, or to stack everything in the living room for quick, efficient truck loading on moving day.
How Do You Prepare for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers will be arriving soon? You might make the day less chaotic and the pack more organized with just a little prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Be sure you have washed all the dishes and folded or hanging laundry when you are asking your professional movers in Austin to pack up the kitchen as well as bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Proper Rooms
- When the house is packed and unpacked, it's completed by room. While you may not have to wholly clean up, putting belongings in their correct area is a great means to ensure they end up in the proper box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Dare your family to create pantry-emptying recipes and donate all that is left. Except for some spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, make a list of any things you are concerned about to talk about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move in the near future, you may not have the time or desire to do all the packing alone - and that will be perfectly fine. Full-service professional movers in Austin like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Get in touch with us now to talk about the packing services your move might require.
Request a free quote