By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
The COVID-19 crisis has changed our lives as well as ways of conducting business. Being a company owner, director, or supervisor, continuing to keep your staff safe while ensuring social distancing can be a struggle. If you have workers in different countries and states or if you are bringing new personnel on board, sometimes a relocation may be essential. Yet, relocation to Austin during these uncertain times is hard and gathering information before acting is essential. The following are the important concerns you ought to contemplate before deciding.
Step one when relocating workers, particularly over a health crisis such at COVID-19, is to organize appropriately. When coming up with a plan, the following measures are crucial:
· Develop a listing of all staff both inside and outside the country. Include all employee contacts and locations on this list, along with where the worker needs to transfer to.
· Set up a dedicated communication channel which accommodates the entire company to ensure that all relocating employees receive relevant updates and offer feedback.
· Set up a crisis board to liaise along with the top management and find options for relocations. This board ought to do a deep dive on every relocation to examine all options carefully whilst keeping all government directives in consideration.
· Partner with various travel firms as well as a moving company in Austin for travel notifications.
· Have all government procedures concerning social distancing, essential services, in addition to travel prohibitions in mind while you plan.
· Create rules which support remote working to establish social distancing, if necessary. Policies that elevate your staff's chance of contracting coronavirus need to be done away with.
· Establish specific guidelines which aid personnel. Consider developing a fund for hardship premiums for employees in locations where necessities are challenging to access as a result of limited resources or even the increase in cost.
· Understand that some relocations will have to be deferred until employees have safe places to work.
· If transfer is important, minimize it to key staff. The strategy also needs to confirm security measures to be regarded prior to, throughout, and right after the trip to be sure that all workers stay safe.
· Go over moving solutions with your professional moving company partner. The moving company in Austin should have a plan set to keep both their workforce and your employees free from harm during the entire relocation process.
· Evaluate your relocation policy together with your professional movers in Austin to ensure that your workers receive the greatest value from your relocation budget.
Ready to Relocate?
At A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Austin, we understand that relocation of staff is usually demanding anytime, but may be a lot more arduous throughout a worldwide crisis. We are taking needed safety measures to make sure you along with your employees stay safe. Contact us today for more information on all your relocation requirements.
Request a free quote