By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no surprise that the summer time is the most popular time of year for moving, as very few people would like to brave frigid winter season weather or (for many with school-age youngsters) manage the stress of relocating their family members in the middle of a school year.
Of course, this means that there will be obstacles that you'll have to get over to make your move a success. Nonetheless, with a little forethought, scheduling, and a little bit of help from a professional moving company in Austin, everything is bound to work out in the end. Below are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Austin throughout the summer months:
· Select and book your moving company in Austin as far in advance as you possibly can. Considering that summer is peak moving season, you won't want to wait 'til the final moment to make plans with your professional movers, because you might learn that your preferred company is now booked up.
· Remain hydrated. Many people are unsuspectingly struggling with continual dehydration, and the summer time high temperature merely makes things worse. To circumvent fatigue, muscle cramps, headache, as well as a multitude of additional symptoms, make certain that you're taking in enough water. And if it is possible to spare a few water bottles for your professional movers, they will be gracious for the hydration likewise, trust us.
· Shield your skin from harmful UV rays. Put on a good amount of sunscreen and/or a wide-brimmed hat to protect your body from the sunburn as well as other issues that stem from overexposure to UV radiation.
· Start the move early in the day. If possible, pack and load the bulkier pieces before the sun comes out in full force, it will make you and your moving company crew much more at ease during the entire remainder of the loading process.
· Make sure perishable things are placed in a cool spot. Should it be food or goods that might expeience damage from extented exposure to heat, make sure that you have a strategy when it comes to keeping spoilable items chilled.
· Expect to pay more. Typically, summertime's appeal for moving commonly means that you'll find yourself paying a little bit more for the same services than you will during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Hold off the switch of your utilities. The very last thing you need would be to reach your new residence only to discover that it's 90 degrees out of doors and there isn't any air conditioning.
· Forget to take extra precautions with your kids and/or house animals. As mentioned before, ensure your children are sporting sufficient sunscreen, and are dressed suitably for hot weather conditions. Keep in mind the hazards connected with heat exhaustion along with heat stroke, and keep your youngsters and house animals well hydrated throughout the moving process.
· Underestimate the length of time the moving process takes. Far ahead of moving day, you need to start the relocation process by packing up certain items which you won't require for a while. You should research different moving companies in Austin, speak to the movers that you prefer, and then, if you opt to use them, do so several weeks ahead of time.
It's true, summer time moving does have its unique quirks as well as obstacles. However, with ample arranging and also the aid of professional movers in Austin, such as the friendly professionals at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, it is possible to have a relatively easy and flawless move as you start a new part in your life. If you'd like to discover more about how we can help, get in touch with us today.
Request a free quote