Moving company employees or new hires to a new city or part of the country because business is growing and scaling is an ideal situation. Finding extraordinary talent and bringing them to you is how companies keep their competitive edge. Regardless of the reason, the subtleties of corporate relocation to Austin will have a huge impact if the end game is a smooth on boarding for current or future employees and your business, while also minimizing downtime.
Onboarding top talent is a high priority for many companies. No matter if you are the business owner or head the HR department, you know that employee relocation goes much further than agreeing to moving expenses. A company's top resources are those that raise productivity and profitability. Committing to a healthy relocation program for employees will not only attract and keep the best talent but will also provide a competitive boost to the company. A structured relocation package should align with the company’s talent management agenda.
As the person tasked with managing an employee relocation program, you surely have a long list of duties to get done such as:
- Recognize those who are excellent candidates for mobility and inform them before a relocation opportunity.
- Set up the budget for every relocating employee. The moving expenses for an individual who is leasing will most likely be different than a family of four that owns their home. How will employees be taken care of? Will they get a lump sum, be reimbursed, have a limited budget? Just a few specifics to settle on so that the company and employee both benefit in this transition.
- Transacting a relocation contract is a must when uprooting someone's life. What if the cost of living is higher in the new city? Is there a salary adjustment? Will there be assistance with the selling and buying of a house?
The above are just some of the many tasks that HR will play a role in, and we haven’t mentioned the hiring of a mover yet.
Finding a professional and seasoned corporate relocation company is a job in itself. Depending on the level of relocation compensation, communication will be between the mover and HR or the employee. There will also be reports that HR will have to adhere to when managing employee relocation. A moving company that will monitor and keep track of the process in totality from tracing shipments to invoicing and promptly handling claim settlements all while giving you 24-hour access is a good start. Doing your due diligence to thoroughly examine corporate relocation company choices and making the best choice will lessen the burden on employees, the HR department and the company in totality.
The A-1 Freeman Moving Group Difference
A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers a complete suite of employee mobility services. We can move employees, groups and workspaces while attending to and facilitating all of the requirements and reporting a company has within their relocation program.
We undertake several measures to assure satisfaction, below is a high-level outline of our employee relocation process:
- Corporate Needs Assessment
- Corporate Profile Creation
- Employee Education
- Employee Move Assistance
- Ongoing Communication Throughout
- Post-Move Follow-Up
Moving is a difficlut undertaking even if all you have to deal with is logistics. Depending on the specifics of the move, relocating can be complicated and time-consuming. With over 40 years in the moving industry, A-1 Freeman has a tried and true system employed to make the most difficult relocations a smooth sailing.
We are not a company that brags; we allow our work and happy clients do that for us, but here are a few things that set us apart.
We offer a multitude of corporate relocation services including:
- Full-service loading and unloading
- Tear down and reassembly
- Climate controlled shipping
- We have seasoned and trained groups of movers and drivers that certified with background checks and drug tests. Our employees are productive and safety-aware at all times.
- We provide a dedicated project manager that will coordinate with you and your employees from beginning to end.
- Domestic and global relocation solutions.
We understand that we are not only transporting possessions146 but transporting lives to Austin. Our aim is to provide a safe and efficient moving service while giving all involved peace of mind. We will help take the burden off of your employees, the worry away from the HR department and get your company back to normal.
For more information on how our corporate employee relocation solutions can assist you, contact us anytime!